Thursday, February 25, 2010

Passed the First Baby Class

This past weekend, Jennifer and I attended the first of 3 baby classes we've signed up for. This one was an one-day, three-hour Newborn Essentials class. I won't bore you with all that was touched upon in this class, but I will say that I did learn that there are people out there who really should not be having kids. And after I left the class, because of the "not-so on-the-ball" folks, I feel much better about Jennifer and me as parents (not that I ever had any doubt, but I have even more confidence in us now).

One thing we did learn that I was anxious to be taught was swaddling. We are far from mastering it but now know the basics which puts my mind at ease a bit.

      First Swaddle Attempt (too loose)      

Second Swaddle Attempt (tight burrito!)  

Next up is Infant CPR and then Prepared Childbirth. With 8 weeks left, there is no denying the reality of Nugget joining our family very very soon.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete